WE MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT WE GET, BUT WE MAKE A LIFE BY WHAT WE GIVE.
One of the greatest gifts we can give to others is our time. Our desire and passion is to provide an opportunity for individuals, organizations and churches to use their gift of time to reach out and assist their community with home repair projects for Single Moms.
Be the Gift believes that some of the greatest heroes are Single Moms taking care of their children!
- Roughly 1 in 3 families is a single-parent family with children under the age of 18
- 1 in 2 children will live in a single-parent family at some point in childhood
- A report released by the Colorado Fiscal Policy Institute states that more than half of the single-mother households lack the income to meet basic needs of living.
- The number of single-parent homes in Ft. Collins alone grew by nearly two-thirds between 2000 and 2005 according to census data.
- According to 2006 American Community survey data released by the Census Bureau, half of all children in single-parent homes live below the poverty line.
If you are a single mom home owner in need of assistance or know of a single mom who may need help with their home repair start the process by filling out the Request Assistance Form.